D.N.F.
The NW was my undoing today. I stared at it for five minutes and then decided that I had to get on with my life. I like it, though, with its IQS (Brightness measures, in brief), ITSHOT (Server's warning at a restaurant), and TREERING (Element of a dating profile?). Cute. I don't think HORDE is just right for "Mass," and I was never going to get TED (Sci-fi writer Chiang) or TRAE (Four-time N.B.A. All-Star Young), but that's the way it goes sometimes.
I found some old MADLIB pads while cleaning out my old family home recently. They're really not all that funny. At least not when you read them forty-five years or so after they were filled in. Sigh.
Two of the stutter-step thirteens went in off the clues - UNITEDNATIONS (Country club?) (the question mark gave away too much today) (see also: "Ones catching the rays, perhaps?" (ORCAS)) and GOALLINESTAND (Defensive effort in the red zone) (what else could it be?). SPLITDECISION (Not everyone agrees on this) was the best of the lot.
Can't spend too much more time on this, as I have to get going, but I'll be back tomorrow, when hopefully we can have a more leisurely chat.
- Horace

No comments:
Post a Comment