Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday, August 21, 2026, Adryel W. Robles Ojeda

Is a MEATBALLSUB really the same as an Italian hero? Perhaps the question mark in this case means "not exactly right, but we thought it was SODARNCUTE."

I'm done with following major league sports, so LAMELO Ball was unknown to me, and I couldn't even remember RYANCOOGLER's name, so the 2006 Fields medal winner (Terence TAO) was always going to be an "all crosses" answer. I'm not CRASHINGOUT or in a RAGE about it, I'm just giving my side.

Also, I took the time to figure out "La ti do, musically," but I wondered about the key of C being understood like that. Is it always? Should it be? "La ti do" in the key of A, for example, is F#G#A, and how are you going to fit that into a grid? 

JOSTLE (What big crowds do) is a nice word, it's somewhat amusing to learn that there is a spot called OOHAAHPOINT at the Grand Canyon, and the paired clues continue today with "Neighbor of Colo." (NEB) and "Neighbor of Ark." (TEX). 

- Horace 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment