Thursday, October 8, 2026

Thursday, October 8, 2026, Rachel Grey and John Kugelman

A little rebus wordplay today, with italicized clues needing to be taken in reverse to make sense for the answers. My favorite might be "Trams" for RETROCHIC. Retro "trams," really, making "smart." Or take FLIPOFASWITCH, which is "Paws" flipped. It's a decent trick. 

The full was good too. I had never heard of Meredith VIEIRA or SIVA (Counterpart of Brahma and Vishnu, but it's getting later in the week, and I can't know everything! BALLSY (Audacious, informally) was BALLSY, and HAIRYBACK (Dessert) was unexpected too! 

"Meteor shower?" was a cute clue for TELESCOPE, and "Something inside or outside a wine bar?" was cute for CAB. Is "cute" the right word? I don't know. I'm distracted today. I'm sorry. I will try to get it together for tomorrow's review.

One last thought: A BLUEWALL this fall would UPEND things in Washington, wouldn't it? 

- Horace 

No comments:

Post a Comment