Saturday, October 10, 2026

Saturday, October 10, 2026, David Levinson Wilk

0:13:09

Quick start today with "Artist whose first two initials stand for "Maurits Cornelis" (ESCHER), then ESTOP (Legally prohibit) running down off of that. I errantly guessed "cascading" for "In free fall" (CASCADING), which slowed me down a bit (OHWELL), but TRAGIC (Like Hamlet, Macbeth, and King Lear) and OATH (Part of a swearing-in ceremony) got me back on track. 

TINTIN

I had not heard the name BOOGIEDOWNBRONX (Hip-hop's birthplace, colloquially), but I'm glad to know it now. And on the other hand, some entries, like NHLREF (Sports figure who traditionally wears an orange armband, in brief), EPCOT (Walt Disney initially designed it as a utopian city), and TRUCKSTOP (Refueling spot) seemed fairly straightforward. 

I enjoyed the raciness of THIRSTED (Was hot (for)) and "Played by oneself" (HADASOLO). And in tamer material, "Determine the going price" (SETBAIL) got a laugh, I smiled at the clue "Likely gonna" for APTTO, and OHHELLNO ("Not today, Satan!") was fun.

 I enjoyed it. How about you? AREYOUIN?

- Horace 

No comments:

Post a Comment