Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday, November 13, 2023, Benjamin Fink

What is truth? Beauty? As Keats would have it? Is it relative or absolute? Is it - can it be agreed upon? Is it under attack? 

ABBA

Today's puzzle is all about credibility. What, indeed, can we believe? A CAMPAIGNPROMISE? A CUSTOMERREVIEW? HAIRPIECES? A HOMEWORKEXCUSE?

So here's a question for you - The two plus signs in the center are connected with the theme, true or false? Me, I say false, but can you believe the REMARKS of a reviewer? CMON!

This puzzle makes me think of Keats. He died in ROME, he wrote poems with RHYME, Ode to a Nightingale begins with "My heart ACHES," and Bright Star, would I were steadfast as thou art ends with "And so live ever – or else SWOON to death." Plus the whole "Beauty is truth, truth beauty" from Ode on a Grecian Urn that I alluded to above...

Anywhooo... What about the REST? I had no serious complaints. I don't love YADA (When tripled, "you get the idea") all by itself there, and ESSO (Canadian gas brand) is verrrry tired. But overall, I liked it. No CAP!

- Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment