The turn continues today with this stagger-stack themeless. Today I much preferred the non-QMCs to the QMCs. "Criminals in the oil industry?" (ARTFORGERS), "Not show-stopping" (BINGEWATCHING), and "Group with defining traits?" (WORDNERDS) were all trying pretty hard, but "It makes one red in the face" (CLOWNNOSE) and "Start of a protest" (BUT) were both solid. At least that's my take.
But I'm in a bit of a SNIT, so perhaps you should take this all with that in mind. I'm not in a full RAGE, but I'll be surprised if I don't give myself an ULCER worrying about things I cannot control. I though OVERLONG about things last night, and I really need to tell myself to PUTTHATDOWN because LIFEISTOOSHORT. I'll be dead soon enough, but BEFOREIGO, and since I have mentioned paired clues all week, it seems, I'll say that I enjoyed that both HIRE (Bring on) and CAN (Fire) were in the grid together. And it's also nice that ARGOT and ARGON are symmetrical.
That is all.
- Horace

No comments:
Post a Comment