Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday, December 5, 2022, Tracy Gray

[Tap, tap] "Hello? Is this thing on?" Greetings fellow puzzle lovers! Frannie here, after a very long absence that, if I must OWNUP, mostly involved a trip to Paris, seeing OPERA and spending EUROS. After all this time, you'd think I could get the review posted early, but, it wasn't entirely my SANANDREASFAULT - I was needed at work today - until now. I hope after all this time, today's puzzle theme revealer (MYBAD) won't also be the review rating, but we'll see. The theme focus is on errors, with each theme answer having as its second element a synonym for mistake. I gave HONEYBOOBOO's reality show the OLEMISS when it aired in the early 2010's, but went down a rabbit hole just now reading all about it on the Wikipedia. Interesting. 

Despite the theme, I didn't make many errors myself, as I made my way through the puzzle. Just one DEPOSITSLIP in the initial typing of OBEYS as OBEsy, which I caught in time, fortunately. I didn't break the 5 minute barrier, but came close, finishing in 5:33, which seems pretty good TOMEI

44A: OPERA

There was some fun fill in the grid including SASS (it's almost all esses!), LAIRD (I wish they would accept that one in Spelling Bee), NAAN (mmmm, naan), and my favorite, CABOOSE. I also enjoyed the pair apparents: ARROWKEY and AEROSOLS

I'm going to try for AMMO reasonable post time tomorrow. Until YEN, dear Readers, BEA REO.

~Frannie.

2 comments:

  1. Decent Monday, running a bit easier for me than normal. I squeaked by under five at 4:36 on this one. I like that the SANANDREASFAULT splits the grid! Nice touch. CHAPPAQUA is something we don't see too often in the grids, especially on a Monday. I prefer my PEI with the "IM" in there, but I guess we'll take the partial. And having finished the Tuesday grid now, might I say that a certain Greek letter appears too frequently for my taste, but that's glue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, this is just what we have been waiting for, Frannie. Honestly, I'm not sure why I even do reviews anymore...

    ReplyDelete