Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tuesday, November 8, 2022, Enrique Henestroza Anguiano

Clever idea today with EYEOPENERS (Enlightening experiences ... or what [four other answers and this one too] have, phonetically speaking). It's sort of like a word ladder, but with sound. 

AYECAPTAIN
ICLAUDIUS
AIWEIWEI
AYCARAMBA
EYEOPENER

Really nice set, IMHO. 

NONA Hendryx

Not much aside from the theme material of any great length, although ACADEMIA and IDLENESS make a nice pair. 

I liked YEESH ("Come on, seriously?!"), and ORNERY (Bad-tempered and combative) warms my cold heart. 

We've got some tasty food entries PLATED up in AREPA, DOLMA, and ROE (Eggs on a sushi roll). 

A fine Tuesday.

- Horace

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried AREPA, and as long as lard isn't a part of it (which it doesn't seem to be), I'm game. The theme made the solve run a little long for me for a Tuesday, but I can't complain. I tried AYEayecapN at first before I got a couple of crosses, which slowed me somewhat, but when the revealer emerged, all became clear. Excellent show with the total lunar eclipse this morning. I was able to watch most of it from the unexciting penumbral phases, through the partial umbral phase through most of totality until the moon set. It became a little faded while the sun was rising opposite, but the majority from my vantage had a crisp, clear and black background. It's always interesting to watch the surrounding stars become slowly visible as the eclipse progresses since the full moon is very bright and washes out many of the sky's sights. Really deep red coloring during totality since the Moon passed close to the center of the Earth's shadow. Next eclipse: Total Solar #4 (for me) in Exmouth Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice theme set, terrific revealer!

    ReplyDelete