Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wednesday, November 9, 2022, David Tuffs

Strange theme today, no? Movie titles that use the same letters as other movie or TV show titles. Why? Well, why not, I guess.

CARRERA

It's kind of cool that GRAN (___ Turismo (racing video game series)) and GOFAST come off the same first letter. And "Cyb-org.?" is a cute clue for the non-cute NSA. And speaking of three-letter answers, I enjoyed the old-school "Record fig." for RPM.

It's always nice to find music in the puzzle, and today we have Bach's "The Well-Tempered CLAVIER," the great ARETHA Franklin, "Love Song" by SARA Bareilles, and Britney's "OOPS I did it again!" Oh, and the OER from "Jingle Bells." And echoes of Bob Dylan in "They're blowing in the wind" (VANES). And then there's the "Low voice" (BASS), the guitar FRET, and, of course, SINGININTHERAIN. Very musical indeed. VAMP 'til ready.

Finally, the inclusion of TETE (Place for un chapeau) and ETE (When Cannes hosts its festival du film) allows me to mention that Frannie and I will be in Paris very soon! I'm very much looking forward to being there again. :)

- Horace

2 comments:

  1. Blogging from France! What will they come up with next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's difficult to come up with a theme like this, so good job there, for sure. Paris-schmaris. Well, I hope you and Frannie have a nice time there, as you normally do. I suppose we'll need to go there eventually to see what all the fuss is about, but it's not really on the short list as yet. Do they hold eclipses there? And yes, I enjoyed all of the music-themed entries in this puzzle; always a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete