Monday, August 17, 2026

Monday, August 17, 2026, Zhouquin Burnikel

To this theme, I say YESANDYES. Ms. Burnikel has found entries in which foreign equivalents of the word "yes" appear twice. Such as:

DAPPERDA(Well-dressed guy) (Serbian, and others)
LOUIELOUI(1963 Kingsmen hit with a repetitive title) (French)
JAMJARS (Containers for fruit preserves) (Dutch, and others)
SITEVISITS (On-location inspections) (Spanish, Italian, and sometimes French)

Chappell ROAN

Nice theme. What else? I had MARINARA sauce a couple nights ago at a restaurant, not as a "Sauce for mozzarella sticks," but for arancini. But then I thought about it, and the arancini were filled with mozzarella... and sure they have a little rice, but it's pretty much the same thing. Mozzarella sticks, mozzarella balls... it's all good.

And speaking of food, it was interesting to learn that the HABANERO was named for Havana. It seems obvious once you know it. Like so many things, I suppose. 

And speaking of "not food," since when are people tossing PETALS at newlyweds. I am so old as to have been pelted with rice! And speaking of old, are they still making TROLL dolls?

Lastly, love "Lengthy rants" being called SCREEDS, but don't want to make this into one. See you tomorrow!

- Horace 


No comments:

Post a Comment