Monday, January 8, 2024

Monday, January 8, 2024, Nate Cardin

Dear Reader, this is NOTMYFIRSTRODEO, but it is the first time I've broken three minutes on a crossword puzzle. Yup - 2:54 today. Not too shabby for an old POET

OK, enough with the ONEUP nonsense. I don't want to drive a WEDGE between me and any readers, and I don't want to put any EGOS in a PANIC. I have had my OWN little moment, and now it's time to move on.

WHATNOW? Right... the puzzle. It's got a rip roarin' rodeo theme! Featuring the SANANTONIOSPURS, a PORKBARREL, REDBULLS, TEDLASSO, and a CLASSCLOWN. That's a lot, and with the revealer it includes two grid spanners! Very nice. 

ALSO, a nod of RESPECT to our Canadian correspondent with the inclusion of POUTINE! We also get a little blue material with PEEP, SEXT, ORAL, and ONIT. Oops... TMI?

This was fun. The week - and 2024 - are starting out well.

- Horace

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. POUTINE, and I'll not hear a bad word spoken about it, helped me race thru this thing in 2:01, plus 7 seconds to find a typo (which I conveniently don't classify as FWOE). Fast and fun for sure!!

    ReplyDelete