Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday, June 14, 2022, Robert Won

Yet another theme I don't remember seeing - the "break apart the theme answers and discover that the front half of each can precede the front half of the revealer, and the second half of each the second half of the revealer." As usual, experiencing the theme is better than describing it. So why am I blogging again? ... Wait - Look! What's that over there!

*Ahem*

Lots of fun non-theme Downs today like INKBLOT (Rorschach pattern), STERILE (Lifelessly dull), BOONIES (Outskirts of the outskirts), and BISON (Plains figure replaced by Monticello on U.S. nickels). 

ADELE

I was tricked by 48A: "Go a-courting?" and plopped in "woo," only correcting to the much cleverer SUE when the crosses protested. Also, when I saw 58D: "John of Salisbury" I thought "Who the heck could that be?" before filling in LOO with the crosses and chuckling at what an IDIOT I am. I even had to think twice about 62A: "Pisa dough?" (EUROS). 

There's a little ORS, DEFS, REN, ABU, TSE-type stuff, but overall, this was a perfectly serviceable Tuesday.

- Horace


1 comment:

  1. Nice debut, Mr. Won! I sped through the puzzle and then had to figure out what the theme was after the fact. Black Rock? Doesn't mean much to me, but I liked the other combinations.

    ReplyDelete