Saturday, August 13, 2022

Saturday, August 13, 2022, John Westwig

I know I said I wasn't going to mess up this week with missing a blog post, and I am not going to! But I am going to be brief because I need to leave shortly to get to Saratoga Springs to perform in a concert with the Philadelphia Orchestra with Yannick Nezet-Seguin, singing Beethoven's ninth symphony. So I have a little bit of an excuse.

I completed today's puzzle with my mother watching. She often waits when she comes to visit, but not this time. So I got a HINT here and there. Definitely harder than yesterday, nearly twice as much!

Some nice answers include HMMISEE, IMAFRAIDSO, and MEATHEADS.

IOLANI Palace

Favorite clues include:

38A: Bottom of a pit? (TUBA) - how appropriate.

62A: Person's name that's amusingly appropriate, like Usain Bolt or William Wordsworth (APTONYM). Apt. Apt!

I enjoyed the puzzle, and turn things over to Horace for this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment