Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday, February 25, 2023, Trent H. Evans

Another toughie, but I was able to GETERDONE eventually. SOIGATHER, I hear you saying. Heh.

As Colum might point out, this puzzle played a little like five smaller puzzles. I finished the top left first, thanks in large part to the gimme crosswordese AGLET (Shoelace tip). That gave me FRATBro, which was eventually corrected to FRATBOY thanks to YES (Progressive rock band inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2017). After that I don't really remember what happened. I think I just hunted and pecked as best I could. 

Amanda PEET

Some favorite C/APs include: "Pro with digital photography?" (HANDMODEL), "Modify" (TAILOR) (simple, but it took me a while) (see also: "Release" (ISSUE)), "Stand a little LESS between me and the sun" (Diogenes was such a wonderful crank), and "Bit of attire that shares its name with a part of a musical instrument" (GSTRING). Ahem.

And when I see "Farm denizen" I'm always thinking "ewe" or "sow" or "cow," not ANT.  

Overall I would say this was a pretty satisfying solve. Tricky, but with just enough fun stuff to keep it interesting.

- Horace


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Horace, I think my experience was similar to yours, in that this one just kind of came into focus all over the place. AGLET was an easy "in", as was GSTRING .. Oh and RIVERCARD, though I'm not a poker player. 6:48 all told..

    ReplyDelete