Saturday, December 29, 2018

Saturday, December 29, 2018, Robyn Weintraub

25:21

Today's puzzle was on the easy side for a Saturday - certainly easier for me than yesterday's. Maybe that's the new trend. I am offline at the moment or I would look back at recent Friday and Saturday times to see if it's a trend.

It didn't seem like it was going to be easy at first, since I got almost nothing on my first pass through the across clues, but the downs provided more purchase. My first significant toehold was RUBYSLIPPERS.

TIMEMACHINE was another gettable down. Horace and I were just discussing at dinner last night whether travel would be possible thanks to quantum entanglement. I like to think it will be possible.

Both Horace and I thought "Cry over spilled milk, perhaps" (MOM) was odd, but luckily, the cross with "'Triptych Bleu I, II, III,' e.g." (MIRO) helped clear that up.

As the OLD year PETERSOUT, I reflect on the year of puzzles past. I remember the challenges (one unsolvable by me - 12/1/2018), the tricks, the twists, the LOLs. Maybe puzzles aren't going to save the world, but they add spice to life. LOCHS of good wishes to all for 2019. Happy New Year!

~Frannie.

No comments:

Post a Comment