Monday, October 11, 2021

Monday, October 11, 2021, Ben Pall

A solid Monday theme today with four "it" expressions. On other days, I imagine they might not like to have the word "it" repeated eight times, but on a Monday, it seems OKAY somehow, doesn't it? 

CHALETS

So we have 

TAKEITORLEAVEIT ("This is my final offer")

LOVEITORHATEIT (Like something that is polarizing)

MOVEITORLOSEIT ("Get out of the way!")

MAKEITORBREAKIT (Having no middle ground between success and failure)

I've definitely heard the first and third in the wild, and the second one is definitely out there, but the last one is, I think, more often heard as simply "make or break."

There have been times in my life when I've used HAIRTIEs for ponytails, and I remember way back when when my mother let me buy a pair of NIKE sneakers, but I've never gotten a DVD from REDBOX. Remember VIDEO stores? Hah! 

Two nice C words at the top: CONCH (Large seashell) and CLOUT (Social influence), and two non-Monday-ish B words at the bottom - BAAL (Biblical false god) and BAHT (Thai currency), and I am lucky to have guessed correctly on BOWSER (D.C. mayor Muriel). Now if it had been clued with reference to Sha Na Na, I would have been all set. :)

Overall, I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it either. Let's say it's a fine Monday.

- Horace


4 comments:

  1. Well, it went by in 2:52, so I barely noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crushed it, Colum!!! 3:23 for me, also not too shabby but the 3 minute barrier is always so gratifying to break...

      Delete