Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Tuesday, October 19, 2021, Ross Trudeau

Well, since you asked, last night's Indigo Girls concert was a blast, and not just one from the past, either. They played a nice mix of songs from early days and their most recent album. I was a little disappointed that no songs from Become You made the cut. I love that album!

But instead of talking about a modern folk duo, let's talk about a classic trio of literary women, namely THEBRONTES. I was glad for that revealer at 28D, because it drastically reduced my solve time in the SW corner. I had already filled in the other three theme entries, namely CHARLOTTESWEB (with a wonderful quotation from the book. "People are not as smart as bugs." Yes, indeed), EMILYSLIST, and AUNTIEANNES. The theme is nicely disguised, as the mirror symmetry made the location of the theme answers less clear.


Once again we get this ACUTEACCENT! I like the clue ("A bit of décor"), but I'm still not used to this term in English. The other long answers are good as well. I like SENIORITIS the best, having seen it in action in my two kids in the not too distant past.

Not much else to report here. I finished the puzzle more quickly than yesterday. Here's hoping that the NYY's foes continue to do well in the postseason.

- Colum

1 comment:

  1. For some reason with mirror symmetry I like reading across the lines to see if anything makes sense. JAMB MAA SHAG doesn't work. In fact, the only one that's even close is PILEUP TURNIP, which you might want to do before Thanksgiving. The refrain in my house when I was little was "Just try some, it's different this year." Hah! Of course, I've come to love it now...

    ReplyDelete