Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday, October 4, 2021, Christina Iverson and Andrea Carla Michaels

Today's theme answers trace the end of the birth process, starting with LABORDAYWEEKEND, through PUSHINGTHEENVELOPE and DELIVERYSERVICE until HERECOMESMYBABY. The app's congratulatory message both complemented and complimented the effort - as did the bonus theme material PACED, EARLY, and maybe ETAS. :) And to take the baby theme one step further, did you know that newborn babies are most comfortable at womb temperature? 

14A: SAUNA

I thought the clues for today's short answers were particularly good from "Serve up a whopper" (LIE), through "Me to Miss Piggy" (MOI) and "Scrooge's 'Phooey!'" (BAH) and including the very entertaining "Setting for a couples cruise?" (ARK)  - ha!

I noted with GLEE a number of fun pairings in the puzzle like BAA and OINK, PANICS and EMOTE, and ONO and ENO. Another C/AP I enjoyed was "Frankly admit something" (OWNIT). And, as an aside, I love the word SIDLE. With that, I've got to DASH.

~Frannie.


1 comment:

  1. Big old Natick for me at ORYX crossing GASX. I mean, I got the little success bell by running the alphabet but no pangs of recognition on either answer.

    But I DIGRESS - I'm sure it wasn't TARGETED at me. LABORDAYholiday was a perfectly plausible answer which started falling apart as soon as I started putting in some crosses (I mean, yes BayS have oysters but not so much flowers and it goes downhill from there). Nice clue for BELT given that my dad was very fond of the "belt and suspenders" metaphor for overkill.

    -Jim Kingdon

    ReplyDelete