Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday, March 21, 2022, John Ewbank and Jeff Chen

Although the theme is interesting today, the overall puzzle left me a little cold. EXPANDEDROLE (Greater responsibility, often as a part of a promotion) might have started me off on the wrong foot, since where I work, an expanded role often comes without any benefit whatsoever. Except, of course, the satisfaction that you're doing more for the organization. 

GRAY

Anyway, I started another paragraph complaining about the next two theme entries, saying how I didn't like seeing them in print in the puzzle, and how I liked it even less in the review, and then I remembered that I didn't have to put them into the review if I didn't want to, so I deleted the whole thing. 

On the positive side, I am constantly striving for INBOXZERO (Rigorous email management strategy). I think the closest I ever get is about inbox seven or eight. There are always a few messages that I keep in there as reminders of one thing or another. I suppose it's always nice to have something on the ol' to-do list, right? [See paragraph one.]

IRONMINE (Excavation site for a steelmaker) sent me down a Wikipedia trail where I learned a little about the history of iron ore mining in the U.S., so that was fun, and ERGO and ETTU reminded me that I need to get going on my Latin homework for this week's class. Last week was Spring Break, but this week it's Back to work! 

And speaking of work (work, work, work!), I've got to go get started on those CHISELEDABS

See you tomorrow!

- Horace

1 comment:

  1. Ah well, I get your points about the answers, but I liked the theme and the hidden singers.

    ReplyDelete