Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday, March 10, 2022, John Westwig

Fun theme today in which the swap of the noun and verb from each end of a phrase allows one to SWITCHJOBS. For example, the answer to "Museum curator is wanted to ... / Experience needed: freestyle dancing" is MOVEABUST which is what a museum curator might do, but if switch the positions of move and bust you bust a move, as in freestyle dancing. All the theme answers work pretty well, although nursing is right out for me; I prefer not to have to CHECKACUT. I enjoyed that the theme answers appeared in both Across and Down positions. 

Other fun items: 
"Hearing disorder remedy?" (OYEZ)
"It begins again" (SCHWA)
"Showed some character" (ACTED)
"Just what the doctor ordered" (DOSES)
"Plant on a farm ... or animal on a farm" (SOW) - ha!
PHYSIQUE is a great word.

Continuing my own game coincidence theme, didn't we learn just the other day that LIBIDO is Latin for "lust" on Jeopardy!? NOICE double punctuation on that last sentence, non? :)

11D: PLASTIQUE
I thought HORRIFIES for "Alarms" was a mismatch in intensity or degree or something, as with TAD for "Scintilla," but in a LOWKEY sort of way.

~Frannie.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny - I didn't think of switching verbs so much as just reading the sentences forward and backward. This one took me a while.

    ReplyDelete