Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Tuesday, May 2, 2023, Aimee Lucido

Me, I usually stir my martinis, but JAMESBOND, he usually doesn't. My favorite moment in recent Bond movies is when Daniel Craig, in answer to the classic "Shaken or stirred?" responds, "Do I look like I give a damn?" 

ULTIMATE

So anyway, today, the martinis are shaken and hidden within other words. Nice words like MTRANIER (Tallest peak in the Cascades) and DOMINATRIX (Woman who might wield a whip). Heh. I like how MADAMS and AMOROUS run right through the start of that. Not typical material for ROMCOMS, but that could be related material too, I suppose. As could FRIEND.

Some nice B-foods in the Downs today: BURRATA (Mozzarella-and-cream cheese often served as an appetizer) and the well-clued BURRITOS (They might be full of beans). Mmmm... BURRITOS...

And who here has made a TIEDYE? I REMAIN a fan of the simple art form. In fact, we might make some more pretty soon. Frannie got a kit for doing shibori, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

There was a little bit of the ol' IMS, ASU, SSN, MGM, ETA, DNA, ANS... but mix me a martini (any way you want to) and I'm a happy solver. :)

- Horace


1 comment:

  1. While I don't take a MARTINI myself, I enjoyed seeing all the places they appeared after being given a shake. I could have used a twist of something, though, to help me turn my solve around. I entered sMS in the southwest where IMS belonged, which I probably could have corrected if I had known the ALDER tree - but that's a branch of dendrology that somehow went over my head.

    ReplyDelete