Solving this puzzle was the opposite of ACAN of corn for me. Judging by its clues and answers, I think I can safely say that the overlap between Ms. Burnikel's world and mine is miniscule. I can perhaps cover it in two words: twinsets and candy bars. 57A. CARDIGANS and 23A. KITKAT were about the only two answers in this puzzle I dropped in. I also knew 29A. right away, but unfortunately, I forgot how Mr. TEBOW spells his last name. Sorry, dude.
On my personal WTW? list:
- Mike & Mike / ESPNRADIO - this answer has a one:one WTW? ratio with ESPN & radio making it very difficult for me to grade. Maybe our esteemed reader Mr. Amory can help me out here.
- Gods with green skin / OSIRIS
- The smart phone (?) market: Samsung Galaxy ; Lumia / WINDOWSPHONE & NOKIA
- All Nippon Airways hub / NARITA
- Fajita options / STEAK
- Panini breads / CIABATTA
- OTTAWANian sports teams / Senators
- The many actresses with the last name Polo / TERIS
Anywhoo, I don't want to EMOTE too much, but let's just say it wasn't just ONIONS I was crying over this afternoon.