Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday, September 26, 2022, Margaret Seikel

Fun theme! A CLIMBINGGYM, a COATCLOSET, an ARTGALLERY, and a MANCAVE - four places where hanging occurs. I admit, the MANCAVE made me guffaw, and what more can you ask for on a Monday?


The solve was further heightened today by some non-Mondayish answers like RAGLAN (Kind of sleeve that extends to the collar), BOLSTER (Give support to), GARNER (Gather, as support), and IDYLL (Pastoral poem), but it still had Monday smoothness. And the cluing showed spunk too, with "Like pizzas and piazzas" (ITALIAN), "A big one might be standing in a concert hall" (OVATION), "Too bad, so sad!" (ALAS), and "Claims rated 'four Pinocchios,' say" (LIES). I had never heard of a "Pinocchio rating" before, but I chuckled at it. 

Slight duplications with BURRO and ASS, and MANCAVE and LAIR :) but overall, a lovely way to start the week.

- Horace

3 comments:

  1. Nice, fun, great clues, and I didn't get the payoff until the reveal -- who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No MARATHON for this solver, dear Readers: I broke the five minute barrier today! I finished in 4:16 - my fastest time ever. SUITE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, again, Frannie! You'll be in the threes before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete