Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tuesday, March 7, 2023, Enrique Henestroza Anguiano and Matthew Stock

I love this theme! The grid spanner (16 letters in this 16 x 15 grid) OPPOSITESATTRACT alert the solver to the fact that each theme answer starts with a pair of words that are antonymic to each other. Thus, OFFONALARK, for example, with on and off next to each other. Very nice! I love LEFTRIGHTAWAY particularly.

How many more of these are there? "One too few?" Hah!

Okay, maybe that one doesn't really work. That's why I'm here in the critic's seat, rather than the constructor's.

The width of the grid allows for some nice long down answers, such as SUPERFOODS and TAMEIMPALA. I probably know some songs by the latter, but can't think of any right now. I am not a fan at all of a SOURBEER, but I like its presence in the grid. 

LLAMAS being pack animals

1D got me off to a great chuckling start (Id checkers? EGOS). I also appreciated the two "That one and that one" clues, with THOSE and ESOS as the answers.

A quick review today - things got off to a late start and are busy at work, so I wanted to get the review up. 3:28 for the oversize grid.

- Colum

5 comments:

  1. Fun theme! OUT IN FRONT particularly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To you I return the mantle, Colum (a very scattershot 4:13 for me)! TAMEIMPALA? I'm so out of touch. But I don't mind the odd SOURBEER. This was a very pleasant solve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this theme too. A lot. I don't remember seeing anything like it before. It reminded me that there was a band from Russia called "Little Big" that had a fun song a few years ago in the Eurovision Song Contest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dWvTCdDQ4
    Of course, Russia has been banned from the competition in recent years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Eurovision knowledge will win you the ACPT one day, I'm sure of it.

      Delete
  4. พี จี เทคโนโลยีเป็นระบบฐานข้อมูลที่ใช้พัฒนาและรันโปรแกรมที่พัฒนาด้วยภาษาโปรแกรม pg slot ชนิดพีซีหรือระบบอินเทอร์เน็ตได้

    ReplyDelete