Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday, July 27, 2022, Enrique Henestroza Anguiano

A Wednesday wardrobe puzzle. In the long Acrosses we find:

SCAREDYPANTS
BLACKHAT
EMPTYSUIT
TURNCOAT
STUFFEDSHIRT
 
I like STUFFEDSHIRT and EMPTYSUIT the best. I've heard from people in the computer security biz that the term BLACKHAT is being phased out to avoid the "white = good/black = bad" message. 

And in the Downs we get a SLITTED gown and a CAFTAN, and the verb WEAR (Represent, as a designer at a fashion show). And I suppose a SPUR could be an article of clothing... or is it just an accessory? For me, these additional related entries dilute the theme a bit.

GENA Rowlands

I enjoyed the French pairing of ETOILE and EAU, both off the same E. And OMNIA vincit amor is always nice to see. POPSICLE, ODYSSEY, and TICKTOCK ("Time's running out" sound) were nice long bonus fill.

My solve time has been going Down on all the puzzles this week: 4:53, 4:42, and 4:05 today. And I guess today's did feel more like a Monday to me - no resistance, and a theme that kind of hangs together, as it were, but doesn't really thrill me for some reason. 

- Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment