Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday, April 7, 2023, Lindsey Hobbs

OK, first of all, I want to apologize to Sam Buttrey for totally missing one aspect of his theme, which was that the four swapped pairs were well-known famous pairs. Bill & Ted, Laurel & Hardy, etc. How I missed this is beyond me. I'm still not sure why having them trade clues the way they did makes a lot of sense, but it was a big part of the theme. Further, I'd like to thank Huygens for pointing out that the word "eastern" in the clue "Bird spotted in eastern Samoa" was, indeed, intentional. Sheesh. Somebody take my blogger card. Please!

So let's see what I can miss about today's, shall we? 

I like this sort of flower set-up to the grid. And it was full of fun, familiar phrases: CATNAP, EASYPEASY, TOPBANANA, SWEETTALK, MINDBENDER, DODGEDABULLET, and MOLTENLAVA. Those are some fun entries. 

"Collector's targets" was a tricky clue for DEBTS, I thought, but when "sets" was too long, I figured something was afoot. And I enjoyed "Food chain" for KROGER as well. "Dough in Mexico" fooled me momentarily, but Camilla Cabello's HAVANA straightened that out right quick. 

To be honest, I'm a bit TORPID today. I've got some kind of flu-type thing, and I just want to drink TONNES of tea and be the opposite of a DOER (No couch potato) until I feel better. 

- Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment