Monday, November 15, 2021

Monday, November 15, 2021, Ian Rathkey

A nice, simple Monday theme. Four phrases that start with "[verb] me" and end with a name. I like it. The phrases are:

ROCKMEAMADEUS
HELPMERHONDA
TICKLEMEELMO
FEEDMESEYMOUR

It's an odd coincidence about that last one, because we're planning a trip to N.Y.C. with some friends, and they're going to go see "Little Shop of Horrors." We looked into getting tickets ourselves, but decided we'd rather ease back into "going out" by walking through museums rather than sitting in a crowded theater. Still, I hope our friends enjoy it.

Salvador Dalí with his OCELOT

Some funny entries in the fill today that look bad at first glance, but are explained by the clue, like UMNO ("Er, I think I'll pass), PREK (School for 3- and 4-year-olds, informally), and ENDUSE (Ultimate purpose). ENDUSE seems like it ought to be a real word, doesn't it? It could be a cross between exude and ooze... UMNO.

The CHEETAH has long been a favorite animal, and I also get my preferred spelling of ICEDTEA today (as opposed to the incorrect "ice tea").

Overall I quite liked this one. I don't know about sticking a LINEAR equation in on Monday :), but aside from that, there's really not much to MOAN about. It's a solid debut (Congrats!), and a solid start to the week.

- Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment