Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday, February 11, 2020, Jeff Chen and Neil Padrick Wilson

0:05:35

I love this vibrant theme of FLYING COLORS! And I like that the four colorful items are so very different in form. Light beams in the LASERSHOW, a waving RAINBOWFLAG, the sparkly GLITTERBOMB, and the little flying, splattering PAINTBALL. I've got to admit, though, that I'm not all that familiar with the GLITTERBOMB. Is it really a thing that there have been packages armed with them? I'll have to look that up.

Represent!

In the fancy long Down spots we find lots of good entries: JOHNMUIR is one of the real APOSTLES, who was always working toward more FRESHAIR; LINGUINE is tasty; and ALTEREGOS are intriguing. And in the not-so-fancy spots, I liked the little pairing of "Those in favor" - PROS & AYES, and I've been watching a ton of billiards on Eurosport TV, so BREAK made me chuckle. 

Not much to INSULT about the puzzle today. ITSABIGIF whether people will remember DINA Merrill, or even PIA Zadora, but the crosses were all fair, I thought. 

Overall, I won't give the constructors any GRIEF, so there's no need to FRET. In fact, I enjoyed it HUGELY

- Horace

2 comments:

  1. 5:53
    A little faster for me than yesterday's offering. I remember PIA Zadora, but never heard of DINA Merrill. I believe we first ran into the former in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians." I saw that on a MST3K episode. I don't think it would be terribly enjoyable as a standalone movie (sorry PIA). I've seen these GLITTERBOMBs on the news. IRAISE a glass of WINE to those putting them out to stick it to the porch pirate IDIOTS. Finally, I've never said, and plan on never saying, POPO to refer to the police.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, this crossword was tough for Tuesday. I guess that comes from gaps in my education. I have heard of FLAGs, but not RAINBOW ones. I had no idea there is such a thing as a GLITTERBOMB. PAINTBALL as a sport is questionable. MTV used to have veejays; however, the last time I tuned in, it had gone the "reality" show route. Favorite: JOHNMUIR. I visited the John Muir Historic Site once.

    IAN

    ReplyDelete